Senior Devops Engineer
Believe it or not, the fastest growing payment processor in the country is right here in North Provo. BlockChyp is now one of the top 75 payment processors in the country and growing exponentially. We’re beefing up our North Provo engineering team and need a Senior Devops Engineer so our CTO can finally go on vacation at some point. This is your chance to work with the most modern tech stack in payments for small town Main Street retailers who desperately need and appreciate what you do.
This is a devops role that offers plenty of challenges, but without the hassle of babysitting and propping up legacy systems. Our systems run as autoscaling Docker Containers in Amazon ECS and use lots of Amazon services including Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Elastic Search, and KMS. We manage it all using Cloud Formation and Troposphere. Our systems process millions per day in payment transactions through a fleet of thousands of payment terminals running our custom firmware and telemetry software. Our proprietary code generation system supports open source SDKs for nine different computer languages. In short, you’ll get to do cool stuff with a minimum of corporate nonsense while the company grows under you. If you’re a bad culture fit for big tech, you’ll probably fit in just fine here.
The role is a full time on site position with competitive salary, generous benefits, and a stock options package. You’ll enjoy a break room stocked with snacks and beverages; a team divided on the merits of LaCroix and strangely obsessed with putting Mule Sauce on everything; and work with a CTO who will explain Elliptic Curve Diffie Hellman in detail and at length to anyone foolish enough to ask about it. And if you love MacBooks, this job is for you, because they’re basically mandatory for development due to the firmware build chain. WSL just ain’t there yet.
- Four year degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years total software engineering experience.
- 3+ years experience working in a DevOps role managing AWS containerized infrastructure.
- 10+ years experience working with server side applications written in Go or another modern open source language like Python, Ruby, C++, Java, or Rust.
- 2+ years experience working with applications deployed to Docker or Linux.
Nice To Haves:
Payment processing is very specialized and we know most good engineers won’t have exposure to all the things we work with. Be sure to let us know if you have exposure to any of the following:
- Kubernetes or ECS
- AWS CloudFormation
- Elastic Search
- NodeJS for front end build toolchains.
- Vue.js or React
- Embedded programming and firmware development. (BusyBox Linux, etc)
- MPLS, dark fiber, frame relay, or other dedicated circuit network architectures
- Thales PayShield
- F5 BigIP
- Cisco IOS
- Elliptic Curve Encryption
- Blockchain development. (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc)
- Custom Datadog Metrics
- Exposure to TN3270 mainframe interfaces.
- Exposure to older file formats used in financial transactions (like NACHA)
- Exposure to major card brand authorization protocols (VisaNet, etc.)
BlockChyp is a full service payment processor based in North Provo. Focused on point-of-sale integrated payments, BlockChyp provides small and medium sized retailers with the full payment processing stack, from brick-and-mortar payment terminals shipped from our Provo terminal lab to the payment gateway and merchant portal.
In a time when big tech and the payments industry has all but abandoned small business, BlockChyp has doubled down on its commitment to the traditional independent merchant and the point-of-sale vendors who serve them. As a result BlockChyp has grown by triple digits every year since inception, even during COVID, and is now a top 100 processor and by far the fastest growing and one of the most influential payments companies in the integrated payments space.
BlockChyp is also a place where Utah values and the Utah way of life are respected. If you’re tired of walking on eggshells for big tech and pretending to share Silicon Valley’s values just to keep your job, BlockChyp is a place where you can do what you love while fighting for the little guy.
All applicants must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No third party recruiters, please.